As we shift from summer beach days and backyard barbecues to cozy sweaters by the fireplace as you drink pumpkin-spiced anything, it’s time to make the most of this season of transformation. Fall gives us time to reset, reflect and revamp our routines. As you put on your best workout gear and decide how you want to change up your wellness hobbies and workouts, take a moment to nourish your body and your mind with our list of seven ways to upgrade your wellness routine for fall.
- Eat Seasonal Foods — The temperatures may be dropping, but that’s no reason why you can’t take advantage of nutrient-rich, in-season foods. Eating seasonal foods like root vegetables, apples and pumpkins can provide you with essential vitamins and antioxidants to help boost your immune system. You’ll get that much-needed boost of nourishment and warmth during the colder months. Take advantage of seasonal ingredients and incorporate them into your diet this season to have a healthier, more balanced wellness routine.
- Work Out Outdoors — Transform your fall wellness routine by working out outdoors. There’s nothing quite like the vibrant foliage and crisp, invigorating air. Whether you like practicing yoga or going for a hike, outdoor exercise can help revitalize your mind, body and soul. Exposure to natural daylight can help regulate your circadian rhythm and promote better mood and sleep. While you may be tempted to wear your usual diamond engagement ring or gold wedding ring when you’re working out outdoors, consider swapping it for a sweatproof silicone ring. If you’re working out outdoors and still want to wear your wedding or engagement ring, wear sustainable rings instead.
- Take a Warm Bath — Slip into a warm bath and immerse yourself in relaxation and comfort. A warm bath is an everyday indulgence you can enjoy at any point during the fall, whether you want to make it a part of your daily hygiene routine or as an occasional weekend treat. The warmth of the water can improve circulation and ease muscle aches. Especially after engaging in chilly outdoor activities, you can easily relieve tension by taking a moment for yourself in a warm bath. To help enhance the experience, add essential oils like eucalyptus or lavender to promote a deeper sense of calm and further reduce stress through aromatherapy.
- Try Immune-Boosting Supplements — Healthline advises that some of the best vitamins you can take for supporting your immune system include vitamin D, zinc and vitamin C. Susceptibility to illnesses during the fall season is extremely common, so those extra immune-boosting supplements can be a pivotal upgrade to your fall wellness routine. Your body needs a strong immune system to ward off common colds and the flu. Probiotics can enhance your gut health as part of your overall immune function as well.
- Have a Cozy Sleep Environment — As much as we might miss the beautiful summer sun, there is something oh-so-soothing about a cozy sleep environment. With short days and cool nights, it’s extra important to prioritize quality rest. Incorporate cozy bedding and soft blankets to ensure a restful night’s sleep. Details like dim lighting and a temperature-regulated bedroom invite relaxation and tranquility. That way, you’ll wake up recharged and ready to face the autumn season with energy and resilience.
- Detox Digitally — Now that you have vibrant scenery outside your door, it’s the perfect time to decide to unplug a bit. Detox digitally this fall by limiting your screen time. In fact, reducing your screen time can improve sleep, reduce stress and increase productivity while you create more space for more mindful activities like creative hobbies and walking in nature. Instead of doom scrolling through your phone, pick up a book and lie down on a blanket underneath a tree. When you disconnect from the constant dinging and digital distractions, you’ll reconnect with yourself and your surroundings.
- Meditate — Another way to tap into some inner peace this season is by meditating. Meditating looks a little different for everyone, depending on whether or not you have a spiritual practice. Regardless of what you may think, there is no “right” or “wrong” way to meditate. Experiment with different meditation or prayer styles to find what works best for you. Take a few minutes every day to sit mindfully and allow yourself to connect with your inner self.
Fall is about more than saying goodbye to warm summer nights. It’s an invitation to reconnect with nature as we find balance in our busy lives and head into the even busier holiday season. Taking the time to take care of yourself isn’t just a whimsical indulgence. It’s a necessity to be able to pour into yourself so you can pour out to others, especially as we start to get busier with friends and family commitments for the upcoming holidays. Make sure you indulge in self-care rituals and prioritize exercise. From your morning yoga class to your much-needed afternoon nap, dress for any occasion by wearing the best workout accessories that can take you from workout to wherever with stylish and practical versatility.